IPG Photonics Corporation, 50 Old Webster Rd., Oxford, Massachusetts, USA, including its corporate subsidiaries and affiliates, (“IPG Photonics” or “we”) values your privacy and has prepared this Privacy Statement to notify you of how we collect and process your personal data when you use our site at http://www.ipgphotonics.com. You can visit most pages on our site without providing information about yourself. However, sometimes we need information to provide services that you request, and this Privacy Statement explains our data collection and processing activities in those situations.
E-mail Programs: If you voluntarily provide us with your e-mail address or subscribe to any e-mail programs we may send you newsletters, product updates or other information via e-mail. If you want to discontinue your participation in any of those programs, you can opt out by clicking on the link found in all e-mails that we send you or by sending us an e-mail expressing your opt-out request at the e-mail address at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Contacts and Requests: Our website allows you to voluntarily submit personal data about yourself to IPG Photonics when you contact us or ask us a question. In particular, our Contact Us form allows you to submit your name, company, address, industry, email address, phone number, comments and questions. Our Application Request Form allows you to submit these same types of information, as well as information about your applications, requirements and current processes, in connection with an inquiry about our sample processing, evaluation and project planning services. We use the personal data that you voluntarily submit to us on these forms and by e-mail to respond to your comments, questions and requests.
Investor Webcasts: Our website serves as a platform to broadcast webcasts and communications intended to update our investors about business affairs. To register for and view our webcasts, we require your name, email address and company. We use this personal data to communicate with investors regarding our business affairs and manage our relationships with investors.
Automatic Collection of Information: IPG Photonics uses certain IP address tracking software on our site to automatically collect the following types of information about visitors to our site:
- IP address
- Non-identifying geographic location (e.g., city)
- Internet browser, browser version and operating system
- Date, time and duration of visit on our site
- Which links on our pages are clicked by visitors
- Domains that visitors to our website originated from
We use this information to monitor and maintain the performance of our site, analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our site, and further develop and improve our site.
Sharing of Information: We will not sell your personal data to third parties. We only share personal data with third parties in the following ways:
- Affiliates and Service Providers: We may share information collected from our website with our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, and third-party service providers, to support the activities described above, such as sending e-mails on our behalf. These parties only have access to the personal data necessary to perform their functions, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and may not use personal data for purposes other than to perform such functions.
- Legal: We may disclose personal data to courts, law enforcement agencies and other government bodies where we believe that doing so would be in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a reorganization, merger or sale, we may transfer personal data we collect to the relevant third party involved in the reorganization, merger or sale, with the consent of data subjects if and as required under applicable privacy laws.
- With Your Consent: We may also share your personal data with other third parties subject to your prior consent.
EU Residents – International Transfers of Personal Data: The personal data that we collect from you on our site may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“) in reliance on a variety of compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. It may also be processed by service providers operating outside the EEA who work for us. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable laws. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
To manage the cookies that are placed on your computer, you may configure your internet browser to refuse, accept or delete cookies from our site at any time. If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this Privacy Statement will stop. The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if cookies are disabled or removed, not all features of our site will operate as intended.
Data Subject Rights: You may have the right under applicable law to access, correct, update or delete your personal data or to object to the processing of your personal data. To do so, please email our company at firstname.lastname@example.org with information necessary for us to process your request. We will respond to your request to access your personal data as soon as practicable, and in any case within 30 days. We may need to verify your identity before granting access to personal data in our custody or control.
Changes to this statement: IPG Photonics will occasionally update this Privacy Statement. When we do, we will revise the "last updated" date on this page. For material changes to this statement, we will notify you by placing a prominent notice on our site.
You can contact our company by e-mail at: email@example.com
Last Updated: October 30, 2017