EAD Series versatile single-channel C-band (1535-1570 nm) and L-Band (1570-1605 nm) Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers are conveniently packaged for use in a laboratory environment. Amplification occurs via multimode diode pumping coupled into a multiclad Yb-Er fiber. Everything is contained in one desktop instrument including the EDFA with your choice from 1-5 W saturated power output. The user-friendly front panel includes a monitor display, a keyed on/off switch, power control and fiber input/outputs. RS232 and GPIB interface controls are also provided on the rear panel.
These universal amplifier devices operate in the temperature range of 0 – 50°C and require 100/110/200/220V AC (50/60 Hz). The EAD Series can be employed for research and development in fields such as telecommunications, photonics switching, sensorics and product test beds.
- Unique Choice of 0.5-5 W Output Power
- Low Noise Figure
- Extremely Low PMD
- Low Noise Figure, PMD, and PDL
- 1530-1570 nm or 1575-1610 nm Operation Bandwidth
- APC, AGC and ACC Controls
- Dispersion Compensation Option
- Excellent Performance to Cost Ratio
- Two Year Warranty
- Fiber Optic Communications
- Wireless Communications
- Power Booster for Tunable Sources
- Photonics Switching
- Research & Development