The RLT Series Raman Fiber Lasers are proven high reliability optical sources optimized for Telecom applications. They operate with 1,000,000 Hrs MTTF reliability in any wavelength from 1100 nm to 1700 nm with output powers of up to 10 w CW. These lasers are manufactured using IPG’s world leading high power pump diode lasers which operate over the widest temperature range without requiring thermoelectric coolers (TEC), thus providing unequalled reliability. The lasers are being deployed in demanding ultra long haul Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexed (DWDM) transmission systems to provide distributed Raman amplification and remote pumping of Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers (EDFAs).
Raman Fiber Lasers offer a superior pump source over other techniques such as frequency multiplexed single mode laser diode combiners by virtue of proven high reliability, cost, efficiency and watt class powers. Linear polarization and higher power outputs, up to 50 watts, are available on request. These modules are offered with analog or smart digital control options. Contact IPG Photonics to your system today.
| Main Features:
- 1100 nm to 1700 nm Wavelength Choices
- Up to 10 Watts Output Optical Power
- Telecom Grade Reliability
- Wide Operating Temperature Range
- Compact Rugged Module Package
- Cost Effective Solutions
- Remote Fiber Amplifier Pumping
- Distributed Raman Amplification
- Repeaterless Submarine and Very Long Span System
- Ultra- broadband Amplifiers