Seamless Integration: Perform Laser Welding Applications with Ease
IPG's Laser Seam Stepper LSS1 is ideal for laser welding and as a replacement for resistance spot welding. The LSS1 can also be utilized for fiber laser applications.
The LSS1 has a compact footprint, laser power up to 4 kW, integrated chiller, air management and process diagnostics. The design is available with either a C-Gun or Picker.
Resistance spot welding technology is a well-known joining technique and has been used in the automotive industry for a wide range of applications.
According to existing engineering standards, resistance spots should be placed at a distance of 30-50 mm with a defined edge distance.
Applications & Configuration
Laser Seam Stepper LSS1 & C-Gun
Laser Seam Stepper Presentation
- Cost-effective - No Expensive Clamping Tools Needed
- Twice the Processing Speeds of Resistance Spot Welding
- Higher Component Strength and Rigidity due to Joint Quality
- Considerable Reduction of Flange Size in Comparison
to Resistance Spot Welding
- Safe Joining Process with Critical Material Combinations
- Class 1 Laser Safety Enclosure
- Railway Vehicles
- Tier 1 Automotive Suppliers
- Steel Furniture